Boost your business!
We have many services to improve the visibility of your products and your company
|LOCATION||Seller or Machines location:
AMERICA North (USA-Canada-Mexico)
|LAST CHECK||14 May. 2010|
1984 BEKUM H121 CONTINUOUS EXTRUSION BLOW MOLDER!
PVC AND HDPE CAPABILITY!
* Dual station shuttle clamp
* 80mm 24:1 extruder, Style S831
* 50HP DC extruder drive with two speed gear box for PVC and HDPE
* PVC screw currently installed
* dual 140mm PVC/HDPE head, Style BKD51
(and we have other heads optionally available, including a single
* 4-up production of 2 liter bottles with currently installed
dual 140mm head (actual production capability depends on specific
* 2-up production of 5 liter bottles with optionally available single head
(actual production capability depends on specific bottle design)
* Hydraulic calibration
* Barber Coleman Maco VI microprocessor controls
* 49 point triple channel parison programmer
* Origa cold knife top deflasher
* spare parts
* one owner machine, well maintained, weekly preventative maintenance
* Bekum continuous extrusion blow molding machines are amongst the most
successful designs available, having sold more than 3500 high capacity
blow molding machines throughout the world. This is convincing proof
of the confidence placed by leading plastics processors in Bekum
equipment. This confidence is based on the performance and reliability
which characterize Bekum blow molding machines. Bekum have
consistently improved their range of high capacity automatic blow
molding machines, whilst maintaining the successful basic design
features. This puts at your disposal blow molding systems that allow
you to meet all requirements of a constantly changing market.
* Up to 4 parisons can be fed from up to 5 extruders, and are available
with twin clamping stations to enable you to produce profitably at very
* OPERATING PRINCIPLE OF BEKUM HIGH CAPACITY BLOW MOLDING MACHINES:
* The plastic raw material is fed through a hopper to the extruder where
it is plasticized and continuously extruded through a single or multiple
diehead into one or more parisons. The parison length depends on the
shape and size of the molding being produced. The parison length is
controlled by adjusting the speed of the extruder screw.
* Both mold closing units which hold the molds move alternately along an
inclined track under the extrusion head where the mold closes around the
parison. The parison is cut off between extrusion head and mold and is
securely welded by the bottom of the mold. The mold then moves down to
its blowing station where the blow pin (or blow pins in the case of
multi-cavity molds) advances into the parison, inflating it to produce
there hollow molding and accurately calibrating the neck shape. The
finished moldings drop out (or optionally can be removed by one of
various systems for aligned take-off).
* Bekum high capacity blow molding machines consists of two main
assemblies forming one complete unit: the extruder and the automatic
blow molding unit with their electrical, electronic, hydraulic and
pneumatic control systems. The blow molding unit forms the front part
of the machine, the two mold closing systems being carried in separate
welded steel frames.
* Depending on the size, shape and material of the molding produced, each
mold can have one, two, three, or four cavities producing from 2 to 8
finished moldings per machine cycle. The calibrating stations can also
be changed over simply and quickly to suit the different mold cavity
* High production rate by the fast operation of two mold closing systems
(high shot repetition rate).
* Versatile production due to optimized design of mold closing systems.
* Complete flash separation and removal. This eliminates subsequent
* Rapid resetting for different products because of easy access to all
* Reliability and efficiency owing to hydraulic drive system for mold
carriage movement, clamping and calibrating system and special equipment.
* Increased production rate and reduced material cost by using Bekum's
infinitely variable electronic parison programming system.
* Positive control of all machine functions is ensured by the well laid
out and clearly marked controls and instruments.
* Wide range of technical features offers fully automatic production
even of products with a complex geometry.
* Long machine life due to rugged construction, using proven components
and high-grade materials.
* Minimum maintenance requirements.
* Variable mold closing delay (inching) as standard equipment.
* World-wide service.
* Coextrusion and Bi-Extrusion possible with additional extruders and
* EFFICIENT PLASTIFICATION IS ESSENTIAL FOR HIGH PRODUCT QUALITY.
* Bekum extruders are capable of handling all known thermoplastic
materials. All components of these extruders are easily accessible
for inspection and maintenance.
* The extruder barrels are electrically heated by resistance heater bands.
Precision control units ensure that the correct processing temperature
* The machines are supplied with extruder lengths of 20D and 24D as
standard. These are available either as PE screws up to 120mm or PVC
screws up to 90mm depending on the properties of materials being
processed. PVC screws include internal cooling of the screw tip area.
* An efficient and closely controlled barrel cooling system ensures that
even thermally sensitive materials, such as rigid PVC, can be processed.
* Alternative cooling systems are available:
* a) direct barrel cooling through a pressed-in coiled copper tube for
oil or air cooling.
* b) indirect cooling by fans coupled with the barrel heater bands -
this method is preferred for PVC processing with screw diameters of
up to 60mm and for PE processing with screw of 80mm and more.
* Single or multiple extrusion heads are available for twin or multiple
parison production. Different types of extrusion heads are available,
depending on the rheologic values of the resin, which guarantee optimum
parison quality. The different head sizes lead to best results.
HYDRAULIC DRIVE SYSTEM: ECONOMICAL AND RELIABLE.
* Mold opening and closing, carriage movements, calibration, automatic
parison wall thickness control and a variety of ancillaries are
controlled by hydraulic drives. Due to its high efficiency this type
of drive is very economical and extremely dependable. The high wear
resistance of hydraulic drive components minimizes maintenance
requirements. Long service life and little need for spares are added
* The clamp has a hydraulically operated toggle system which offers high
clamping pressure and fast movements at low power consumption. Quick
mold changes are made possible without need for resetting. As the
toggle levers are never fully extended, the clamping pressure cannot
increase to uncontrollable levels.
* The complete hydraulic control system- incl. any options - is contained
in a tank - in the extruder base. The tank offers complete safety
against oil leakage. A directional control block houses all oil ducts
for controlling the various machine movements. The corresponding
control valves are mounted direct on the directional control block.
The connections between hydraulic tank and cylinders are made by high
pressure hoses. A switchable pressure guage checks the various
* A temperature controller on the heat exchanger controls the flow of
water and assures a constant operating temperature of the hydraulic oil.
* The accumulator of the hydraulic power pack includes a pressure relief
and shutoff valve block.
* In addition to blowing, the following operations are pneumatically
controlled: Parison cutting and optional equipment, such as in-mold
cutting or systems for neck and bottom flash trimming. All pneumatic
control valves are neatly arranged on directional control blocks on
the frame of the blow molding machine. The blowing and operating
pressures can be preset on pressure control valves and are indicated
on pressure guages.
* The electrical equipment is housed in a separate control cabinet.
All switches and indicating lamps required to operate the machine
are located on a swivel-mounted control panel at the machine. The
control panel contains the electrical equipment for the extruder drive,
the heater controls, the programmer, and all controls for the various
machine movements. The blow molding machines can be supplied either
with conventional controls, i.e. with relays and contactors, or with
all electronic control.
AUTOMATIC PARISON PROGRAMMING HELPS TO SAVE COSTS.
* By adding a parison thickness control it is possible to program the
wall thickness of the extruded parison and to determine the distribution
of material throughout the product. This improves the quality of the
molding whilst at the same time saving material because the material
is distributed exactly where it is needed to combine maximum strength
with minimum weight. And a smaller volume of material, in addition to
saving costs, also reduces the cooling time and consequently increases
productivity. The parison thickness control operates electrically.
BEKUM H-121 SPECIFICATIONS:
(dual station shuttle clamp)
* 2, 4, 6, 8 cavity molds
* Maximum part dimensions
(a Bekum 121 can produce bottles up to 5 liters. The actual part
dimensions will be determined by the specific part design)
375mm maximum bottle length
200mm maximum bottle diameter
* Maximum usable mold area (HxV inches) 13.4 x 18.7
* Clamp force 7.8 tons
* Maximum open daylight 18.9 inches
* dry cycle time: sec. 1.7
* max. number of cycles per minute: 26
* operating pressure, pneumatic: bar(psi) 8-10(100-125)
* hydraulic pump motor rating: 11.2kW, 15HP
* smooth barrel, type/ratio: S831S, 24:1 L/D
* screw diameter: 80mm
* screw speed range: HDPE 0-86 rpm, PVC 0-46 rpm
* screw power requirement: 38kW, 50HP
* maximum output: HDPE 127kg/hr (280lb/hr); PVC 105kg/hr (230lb/hr)
Electrical, air and cooling water consumption data:
* heating capacity extruder: 16.3kW
* connected load of complete unit, max. possible (smooth barrel): 73.5kW
* hydraulic tank cooling, max.: 15300kJ/hr (14500BTU/hr)
* compressed air requirement (intake), max.: 2400NL/min (85scfm)
* NOTE: Actual air, cooling water and power consumption are approximate
and will vary with bottle type(s) and production set-up. Actual
consumption approximately 60% of the maximums listed. 12000BTU/HR.=1ton