AMERICA North (USA-Canada-Mexico)
1997 Dual 50 pound Sterling Davis-Standard blow molder - $1.8 million replacement cost !!!
* Space-saving Double-Double configuration
* Get the production capability, output, and versatility of having two individual 50 pound machines !!!
This 1997 Sterling Davis-Standard accumulator head blow molding machine is a space-saving blow molder that houses two independent machines
in a single machine frame.
The Sterling Double-Double has two extruders, two accumulator heads, and two clamp units that all share a common frame, all operated by
one central microprocessor control system.
In addition to saving valuable factory floor with it's space-saving design, the Double-Double can produce dissimilar parts, or parts in
different colors or using different materials on a single machine with a single operator.
* dual 300HP 6 inch extruders for extra plasticizing and production output
* dual 50 pound accumulator heads
* each extruder feeds it's own 50 pound accumulator head, and each head is positioned over it's own clamp
* dual clamps, each with 60 inch wide x 84 inch long clear platens
* roll-out style clamp design for easy mold changes
* dual part take outs
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
* CLAMP TONNAGE: TWO CLAMPS, EACH HAS 180 TONS CLAMPING PRESSURE
* EXTRUDER SIZE: TWO 6 INCH DIAMETER, 24:1 L:D EXTRUDERS
* EXTRUDER DRIVE: 300HP ON EACH EXTRUDER
* SHOT SIZE: TWO SINGLE HEADS, 50 POUNDS (22.7 kg) HDPE PER HEAD
* PLATEN SIZE: TWO PRESS SECTIONS, EACH HAS 60 INCH WIDE BY 84 INCH LONG CLEAR PLATENS
* CONTROLS: BARBER COLEMAN MACO 6500
* DUAL CHANNEL 100 POINT PARISON PROGRAMMER
* TWO AUTOMATIC PART TAKE OUTS FOR UNLIMITED PRESS ACCESS
* TWO ROLL-OUT PRESS SECTIONS FOR EASY MOLD CHANGES AND ACCESS
* 4.5 TO 24 INCH TOOLING RANGE
* 72 inch maximum clamp open daylight
* 16 inch minimum clamp closed daylight
* Vertical platen height adjustment +/- 4 inches
* Side to side platen adjustment +/- 5 inches
* Front to back platen adjustment +/- 5 inches
* Manual press shut height adjustment
TWO EXTRUDER SECTIONS, each having:
* Model 360 gear reducer with mechanical rating of 400HP at 100 RPM screw speed
* Continuous extrusion
* High performance feed screw with Colmonoy 56 hard surface flights
* Sterling barrel assembly fabricated of 4140 alloy steel with bimetallic inlay of Xaloy 102 or equivalent
and a bolt type front flange.
* Cast aluminum heaters with integral cooling coils.
* Closed loop cooling system.
* Rupture disk, pressure reducer and indicator.